One of the things that makes the study of musical instruments so interesting is the challenge of determining details of …Read the Rest
- Tuning Difficult Instruments
- What on Earth is an Organistrum, and Why Should I Care?
- The Mysterious Napiers Bones
- Electromagnetic Radiation Music from Lyn Goeringer
- The Tiny Tim Effect
- The Launeddas of Sardinia
- Map Pins
- Japanese PSP / Hurdy-Gurdy Awesomeness!
- SubFolk2: The Best Band You’ve Never Heard of
- Seattle Pothole Pool Party
- Norm: Thanks, Randy! BTW, I enjoyed hearing you play at the Bellingham Farmer's Market last year. Nice work!
- Anonymous: Hey, Juan - I finally got a copy. I agree, great recording and wonderful players. It reminds me of ...
- Norm: there is an interesting and contrasting post at: http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2008/03/the-field-guide.html That covers experimental music performed on the Hurdy Gurdy.
- Randy Mohr: You may have found this by now for Jolivet's Alt'O Solo album : http://www.cdmail.fr/affich_fich.asp?refcdm=CDM845424
- Norm: The hurdy gurdy is here - an early 17th century model by Michael Hubbard. LOVE IT!
- Derryl Murphy: Thanks, Norm. I'm pleased you both enjoyed the book, even more so that you enjoyed it enough to want to ...
- Norm: Just purchased an excellent HG! I'll post more when it arrives. Finally, my life is complete!
- Norm: Great to hear from you, Derryl! My son Eli (who is studying mathematics) and I both enjoyed your book ...
- Derryl Murphy: I'd be curious to hear about how building your own set of bones goes. Most of the ones you'll see ...
- Norm: An interesting counterpoint to the Martin graph can be found here: http://ngrams.googlelabs.com/graph?content=ukulele&year_start=1775&year_end=2000&corpus=0&smoothing=3
- Debbie: Well, this is just excellent. You did a fine job and I appreciate your explanation. I like to figure things ...
- Anonymous: BTW, Wikipedia has an interesting article on the bones (simply search on Napiers Bones), which includes much more detail than ...
- Megan Seagren: RE the first two bits, who would have guessed the uke could sound so wonderful? Tiny Tim, on the other ...
- Megan Seagren: My hair is standing on end. It must be sending static electricity through my computer.
- KateR: You're convincing me. I have the double misfortune of being old enough to have seen Tiny Tim on Rowan & ...
Euphonia was created as a place to read about music, musical instruments, art and the tools used to make them. I write about subjects that I feel passionate about, and try to find topics that are new and interesting (at least to me). I hope you find something interesting here - leave me comments and let me know how I am doing!